Looking for automated transcription or captioning?
Try our new tool for free. UT Automated Transcription App
Equal access to video and audio content is critical.
Our mission at Captioning and Transcription Services is to create high quality, professional text versions of your audio/visual content. We strive to make the process as easy and efficient as possible.
As a content creator or owner, it is your responsibility to provide these essential accommodations to your audience, and we’re excited to partner with you in making that happen!
Ready to get started?
Lean more about the services we offer...
What’s the cost?
Besides providing equal access for the deaf and hard of hearing, captions and transcripts aid users in a number of ways. Captions and transcripts make your content SEARCHABLE, meaning search engines can find or “see” your audio/visual material through keywords. Students can read along with video material for better comprehension and retention. Language learning is also greatly enhanced. Ultimately, transcripts or captions can help your user find and engage with your material more easily, and more deeply.
As a UT Austin entity, we can offer unique benefits:
- Our captioning and review team is made up of UT’s best undergraduate and graduate students.
- Our staff has domain experience and knowledge unique to UT Austin, UT System, and Austin in general. You will find this yields very accurate transcripts even with context-specific terminology.
- We adapt to your needs. Whether it be downloading and uploading files from a server, custom formatting of transcriptions and captions, or other customized workflows, we’ll make it work.
- Customer service is extremely important. We are a phone call away, you can visit us in person, on campus or send us an email.
- We can scale as needed. No project is too big or small.